Hello. My name is Rob. I like to practice Zen, write haiku, share quotes, take pictures, make coffee, and drink coffee. May this site be dedicated to sharing these interests.

"Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.”-Bodhidharma

"When I chop wood, I chop wood. When I carry water, I carry water."-Layman Pang

"You make, You get."-Zen Master Byok Am Sunim

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

“Once you are awakened to the great path, the whole universe is your home. All forms and shapes, in their infinite variety, are not separate from ‘I’. To expand the minuscule world defined by ‘I’ and be liberated is indeed to attain the realm of the sages. As Master Hyewol’s fame spread far and wide, the laity competed with each other in offering him fine clothes. When he wore these new clothes, beggars, knowing how little he cared about material possessions approached him and pleaded, ‘Master, please give us some clothes.’ Without hesitation, the master would exchange clothes with them and return to the temple wearing their rags. This kept the laity busy making new clothes for him. This is in no way an easy act to follow. If there is even the smallest thought of ‘I’ or the faintest hint of shame, one cannot do it. Such acts are like those of a pure, innocent child; the acts of a sage of no-mind. Such acts are rare, even among sages.”-Zen Story

No comments:

Post a Comment