Hello. My name is Rob. I like to practice Zen, write haiku, share quotes, take pictures, make coffee, and drink coffee. May this site be dedicated to sharing these interests.

"Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.”-Bodhidharma

"When I chop wood, I chop wood. When I carry water, I carry water."-Layman Pang

"You make, You get."-Zen Master Byok Am Sunim

Monday, March 7, 2016

 Cypress Breakfast House: Chocolate Chip Pancakes delicious!
 Blacksmith Cafe: Flat White
Bumped into a fella wearing an apron while carrying my flat white to the patio. Some coffee spilled onto the saucer. The fella immediately offered to purchase me a new coffee. I explained it was fine, no need. He graciously insisted and instructed barista Levi to whip out another coffee for me. Thanked the fella sincerely. Took my new flat white outside. While sitting outside enjoying the afternoon breeze and sipping the delicious flat white, the fella is leaving the cafe and he sees me. Walks over, apologizes again, and I thank him again. Well, I recognized the fella. He was in a yahoo article I read couple days back. Turns out he's the owner and chef of Underbelly and was featured in a news story reported by Katie Couric. Told him it was a bit ironic we bumped into each other seeing how I just so happened to see a yahoo article about him the other day. We shook hands. He told me his name is Chris. I told him my name is Rob. And the day went on. Anyway, nice fella. Just wanted to share a moment of irony.
 Liberty Kitchen: Fried crab balls & Seafood mac n cheese....delicious!
Liberty Kitchen: Chocolate cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment