Hello. My name is Rob. I like to practice Zen, write haiku, share quotes, take pictures, make coffee, and drink coffee. May this site be dedicated to sharing these interests.

"Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.”-Bodhidharma

"When I chop wood, I chop wood. When I carry water, I carry water."-Layman Pang

"You make, You get."-Zen Master Byok Am Sunim

Monday, February 15, 2016

"You might try looking at all the stuff that comes up in your head simply as secretions. All our thoughts and feelings are a kind of secretion. It is important for us to see that clearly. Ive always got things coming up in my head, but if I tried to act on everything that came up, it would just wear me out. Havent yoy ever had the experience of being on a very high place and having the urge to jump? The urge to jump is just a secretion in your head. If you felt that you had to follow every urge, well..."- Kosho Uchiyama Roshi

No comments:

Post a Comment