Hello. My name is Rob. I like to practice Zen, write haiku, share quotes, take pictures, make coffee, and drink coffee. May this site be dedicated to sharing these interests.

"Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.”-Bodhidharma

"When I chop wood, I chop wood. When I carry water, I carry water."-Layman Pang

"You make, You get."-Zen Master Byok Am Sunim

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

"We hear about happiness and unhappiness, or fortunate circumstances and unfortunate ones. We assume it to be natural that heaven, happiness, and fortunate circumstances are 'bad'. This type of categorization or discrimination is nothing but a distinction we make in our minds and is removed from the reality of life. Yet because of these distinctions, we get excited over wanting to go a better way and trying not to go some worse way. As long as we act like this, we completely lose sight of absolute peace."-Kosho Uchiyama Roshi

No comments:

Post a Comment